Makes approximately 24 cookies
- 12 T. Sweet Butter
- ¼ c. Molasses
- 1¾ c. Flour
- ½ t. Ground Ginger
- ½ t. Salt
- 1 c. Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- ½ t. Ground Cloves
- 1 t. Cinnamon
- ½ t. Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 350° (F)
- Melt butter
- Add sugar and molasses and mix
- Thoroughly beat egg and add to butter mixture, blend well
- Sift flour with spices, salt and baking soda, add to mixture, mix. (Batter will be wet)
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or alumunium foil and drop a tablespoon of batter on lined cookie sheet, leaving 3 inches between cookies. They will spread.
- Bake cookies until they start to darken, about 7 minutes. Remove from oven while soft.
- Let cool on parchment paper or foil
When Dean and I first moved to Alexandria we rented a house in the Beverly Hills neighborhood. Shortly after moving in, Ken and Pam, neighbors from across the street brought us a plate of delicious molasses cookies. This is their recipe. It’s good!