Today I went through a box of letters. I found three that I could toss. One was a birthday greeting from Sue, one was a Christmas postcard from my Auntie June and Uncle Harold and the last was a thank-you card for a baby shower gift from the first friend of mine to have a baby ((A note on that last one — I saw her a couple of years ago at my high school reunion. She was in a wheelchair (fuck MS) and she and her husband had just moved in with the child whose shower I attended in 1977.)).
The correspondence went into the fireplace and burned in a glorious blaze.
Declutter 2018 count 18:
- 2 crystal unicorns, broken
- 9 letters from Sue
- 1 Loon Magic sweatshirt
- 1 shedding scarf
- 1 pair of fingerless gloves
- 1 wool underlayer shirt
- 1 birthday poster from Sue
- 1 baby shower thank you card from Chris and George
- 1 Christmas postcard from Auntie June and Uncle Harold