Clare left a few days ago and took with her some items of clothing that I could have kept, but also was also okay giving to her.
- Loon Magic Sweatshirt — bought years ago, possibly in Wisconsin, because I loved loons. More recently I discovered a fellow bird-loving Twitterer, blogger, Facebooker had the same sweatshirt. Even more recently I learned she died and whenever I put the sweatshirt on I sadly remembered that I’d unfollowed her on Facebook because she was a little annoying.
- Shedding scarf — I bought it at Traditions in Olympia. Most of the items I have bought there have either fallen apart or were otherwise less than perfect. When I wore this scarf I wondered whose dog I’d brushed against because my black trousers were covered in long blond fur. It turned out to be my scarf from Traditions. Thank you Clare for taking it away.
- Fingerless gloves — Also purchased from Traditions in Olympia. They were fine, but they did not have fingers. I didn’t mind giving these away at all.
- Wool bottom layer from REI — I went to the new REI store in Bethesda/Rockville during a sale. I was buying clothes for my upcoming trip to Olympia where I worried I would be wet and cold. It was November after all. A sales person showed me a sale on Smartwool bottom layer clothes and I almost bought them, but worried about the wool layer being next to my skin. I wandered around and found another bottom layer long-sleeved shirt and decided to buy it and a turtle neck of the same brand. It was not until I was about to fly to Seattle that I realized that, not only did I spend a lot more on the bottom layers than the items offered in the Smartwool sale, but they were also wool and meant to be worn next to your skin. Someday I will tell you about my abhorrence to wearing wool next to my skin in cold, wet weather when there was a possibility of someone smoking nearby and if my hair might not be washed. Oh, I guess I just told you that. Never mind. Clare wanted an undershirt so I gave her the wool bottom layer.
Declutter 2018 count 15:
- 2 crystal unicorns, broken
- 9 letters from Sue
- 1 Loon Magic sweatshirt
- 1 shedding scarf
- 1 pair of fingerless gloves
- 1 wool underlayer shirt