In no particular order…
- I am hosting book group tomorrow* and in anticipation of the snow that was predicted to fall today I bought everything I needed in and around Bethesda yesterday.
- Because I was “out of the office” all day and evening yesterday I missed several emails about work I had waiting for me and I needed to get it done.
- I couldn’t sleep last night (reasons for this are starred)
- I finally fell asleep at 6 am and slept until 9 am (we were due to leave at 10)
- It snowed in Bethesda last night and words like treacherous roads made me not want to drive to Virginia
- I need to write a speech for Burns’ Night this Saturday.*
- I wanted to get a head start on cleaning the house for book group*
- I thought it might be my last snow day with Andrew
- It’s a busy week: 2 bookgroups, a coffee, Burns’ night, hair color/cut, wrestling meet (which I missed), a visit to the vet (I need to go back to pick up an antibiotic) and being an introvert I need alone time.
- I received bad news from Mississippi — my aunt had a stroke and discovered she has diabetes and my cousin is being shipped off to Iraq next week.*
9 thoughts on “10 Reasons I Didn’t Go to Wegman’s Today”
And with weather word from down south, I’m wondering if your book group was canceled…
This is the neighborhood book group. We met since everyone lives on my block. It was good. I prepared far too much — but I like doing that.
What a smart idea—just the immediate ‘hood!
I have no idea what Wegman’s is, or who the Wegmans are, but I wouldn’t have gone with all that on my mind either.
TWO book groups?
Wegmans is a grocery store that is a fun experience. It has a market where, if you feel like it, can take a wine and seafood break while shopping.
Yeah two book groups! I started this one and hoped to drop out eventually. It is hard to do.
I think I would feel like a wine and seafood break while shopping.
You sound really really busy. I hope that’s a good thing…
I hate being this busy — I used to love it. I wonder if it is an age thing. Or something more sinister.
I think it’s good news that you are self-aware enough to know that you need time alone. Took me ages to figure that out for myself.