I wrote about another Weekly Reader Easy Reader on a different blog. This one, I barely remember and I don’t remember why I have kept it. I think it is about a fish that is smart enough to not get caught by fishermen, but how he does that, I don’t know.
I remember The Witches Daughter, and I am sure I read it but I don’t remember anything about it. It was a Weekly Reader subscription book. I wrote about a few of those on another blog. I might reread it sometime.
This must have been an order from Scholastic Books because that’s what it says on the back. I remember some of the stories in this collection: Wait Till Martin Comes is one, but I don’t remember anything about it. I might remember The Railroad Ghost, but it could be something else I am thinking of (no — I checked, same story).
I think many of the stories are those that are passed down by the generations, so the authors below probably did not make the stories up, but put them down in writing.
Here are the books in the collection:
- Wait Till Martin Comes by Maria Leach
- The Trunk in the Attic by Adele DeLeeuw
- The Railroad Ghost by Murray T. Pringle
- The Dare by Maria Leach
- The Wild Ride in the Tilt Cart by Sorche Nic Leodhas
- The Ghost with one Sock by Freya Littledale
- The Most Haunted House by Louis C. Jones
- The Witch in the Wintry Wood by Aileen Fisher
- The Ghost Dog of South Mountain by Frances Carpenter
- The Thing at the Foot of the Bed by Maria Leach
- Ghost in the Orchard by Aileen Fisher
- The Golden Arm by Maria Leach
- The Ghosts from the Graveyard by Sorche Nic Leodhas